IT Systems Administrator
Established in 2001, my client is a procurement solutions specialist with an exceptional portfolio of 206k individual users and $400bn worth of projects evaluated across many different clients such as Tfl, NHS, The Home Office and Welsh Assembly to name but a few. With over 13k projects managed since 2001 my client has gone from strength to strength. To assist with their continued growth my client is now seeking a motivated and customer-focused IT Infrastructure specialist to join its team, based in first-class accommodation at Milton Park in Oxfordshire. Working closely with our Development and IT Operations teams, the successful candidate will be passionate about providing first-class support to our clients and internal stakeholders, as well as driving improvements to our current IT infrastructure, including internal and external facing hosted infrastructures across multiple geographies. This role is critical to the future of the company and will play a big part in moving the business forward in helping to plan and proactively improving our tools and offerings.
My Client is looking for someone with a desire to learn and grow in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of our associated consultancy and service offerings. Close collaboration across our business is key to maintaining strong links and a ‘joined-up’ approach between our sales, development and service operations.
• Responsibility for our hosted service & application infrastructure, supporting our client and internal facing hosted systems across multiple geographies.
• Performing IT operations and maintenance in accordance to approved procedures and standards, including security auditing and patching.
• Supporting the implementation of programs and procedures that ensure the safety of our data/information and safety in the Information Technology operations.
• Executing and supporting local installations of our products,
• Identifying operational IT problems and seeking resolutions without impacting the end users
• Keeping abreast of developments in industry regarding IT operations and maintenance
• Work alongside the development and support teams to become an expert in the use and support of the my clients specialist products, working towards becoming the ultimate point of technical escalation.
• Internal Helpdesk support
• External Helpdesk support cover (equivalent to 2nd/3rd line support)
• Flexibility to perform other duties, as and when required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and to meet the needs of the business.
Essential Professional Skills & Abilities:
• Experience of running and maintaining MS Windows® environments.
• Experience of hosted services, remote operation and supporting web hosted SAAS
• Working knowledge of SQL, Apache, scripting & remote monitoring tools
• Ability to identify, diagnose and rectify IT issues
• Ability to research and implement relevant technical solutions
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise, learn and teach within a team of mixed skill levels.
• Existing or eligibility for SC clearance
• Ability to travel
• Knowledge of ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essential Plus standards
• Microsoft Office 365 deployment/administration
A competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days’ leave per annum and participation in a company bonus plan are offered. The company offers an excellent benefits package, including access to the full range of benefits provided by our parent company. Whilst all staff are expected to focus on providing the highest levels of professionalism and adopt a flexible, can-do attitude, we also have a culture of having fun and place importance on work-life balance.